Thursday, March 24, 2011

Moving motivation!

So my house currently looks like a war zone.  Why is it that "organizing" everything in boxes someone results in a  huge mess?  We are nearing the finish line, thank goodness because we are both exhausted!

As if I didn't have enough going on I decided to finish another project.  Not wanting to move various parts of a semi-completed project I decided to hurry up and get it done.

I picked up this dresser from the same seller I bought the vanity from.

Ignore all the mess in this picture!

It was only $20 and I knew it had a lot of potential. Lately I have been doing a lot of whites and neutrals so I decided to go for a fun color this time.  I have been inspired by all the great green transformations I have been seeing around blogland.

I can't get enough of this dresser featured in Lonny Magazine!


I saw this dresser and love all the hardware.  I would never think to add drawer pulls to the side.  This is definitely on my must try list.  Found it here.

When I found the perfect green in the $1 oops section at Home Depot I knew it was meant to be.  I added a little gold paint to the existing hardware.




I love the rusty old casters on the feet.

My flash is making the color look more pastel green than it is.  It is more of a bright green like the inspiration pics.  I would have put some cute little accessories on it but everything is in boxes!

I love how it turned out.  I think it is a fun pop of color and another adventure out of my design comfort zone.


The Shabby NestChic on a Shoestring Decorating

17 comments:

  1. That is a great color! And a great score for $21! I love green too, I wish I had a place for it in the house. Guess I'll have to live vicariously thru yours! Great job, Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am dying to do something vibrant green! I love this piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! I want to try that color green on something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I re-did a dresser similar to yours. check it out here: http://agirlandherhome.blogspot.com/2011/03/because-grandma-gave-it-to-me-thats-why.html

    I loved the little wheels on mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Nicole, Amidst all of the exhaustion from packing, you go and make this beauty! It's gorgeous as always! Good Luck over there darling! xox!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that green! I have been looking for a dresser to work on. I am going to have to paint it green. I am following you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome dresser! You did a great job painting it. I feel for you with the packing and moving. About to do the same myself.
    I'm your newest follower!
    Have a great weekend.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the green dressers in blog land too. It looks great.

    megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a great job painting this dresser! I love the green!

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  10. Green is my favorite color - I love that you went bold for this. And score on the paint, too!'

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't beleive you bought this for $20.00! Highway robbery and oops paint too! What a beautiful piece redone for so little! Victory!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there
    Moving motivation!
    Beautiful choice! Awesome article and straight to the point. I definitely believe what you stated!

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Black Cab Designs" has been included in the Sites To See for this week. Be assured that I hope this helps to point many new visitors in your direction.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2013/04/sites-to-see_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. it is a wonderful color, you did good

    ReplyDelete