Monday, March 7, 2011

Wishing for Spring

It has been a little gloomy around Seattle lately so I thought it was time to add some Spring to my decor.  I decided to start at the front door.  My door has been decor free since the holidays so I thought it was time to add a little color.  I started with supplies I already had around the house.  I had a grapevine wreath and some moss left over from other projects.  I actually only had to purchase the letter "C"  and a little more moss so this whole project came in really cheap.


I started by hot gluing moss all over my letter.


 Then I just glued different kinds of moss all over my wreath.  This was one of those projects that half way through I thought it looked like a preschool craft and almost scraped it.  I kept going and after adding my fake moss rocks it was starting to look a little better.  Originally I had planned to keep the wreath all green but after the moss was all on it looked kind of blah.  I dug out my butterfly punch and some craft paper and book page.  I punched out a few butterflies and glued them down.  The little pop of lightness and whimsy make the wreath so much more fun.   My front porch is covered so rain is not an issue with the paper.



 I used some natural colored ribbon to hang it up, added a bow and I was done. 





The whole project took me 20 minutes start to finish.  I love the little touch of Spring it adds to our home.  Now I just need mother nature to catch on and bring the sunshine out!

4 comments:

  1. I love the mossy C, and the butterflies are a great touch. It has been gloomy in Kansas as well. I need to change out my front door for Spring too, now I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! The whimsy of the butterflies plays well with the classic air of the Monogram C. A perfect dash of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you blogged this b/c I fell in love the moment I saw it on your door! =) The butterflies are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete