Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year, No Fear

I only really discovered blogging about two years ago while I was planning my wedding.  Up until that point the internet was just email and online shopping for me.  My addiction began late one night while I was searching for some wedding inspiration.  Google led me to a site and when I got there I was confused.  This wasn't a business, there was nothing for sale?  I kept reading a little further and was amazed to find there laid out in front of me was one woman's entire wedding planning process, a chronological record of every detail, every decision and every frustration.  I read every single post.  And then from her blog I found a link to another and another.  That first night I read blogs for hours...and have gone back for more ever since. 
After my wedding I found out we were expecting and then I couldn't get enough of pregnancy blogs.  Then I moved on to blogs about babies and home decorating.  My insatiable appetite for information, ideas and inspiration has led me to make blog reading a part of my everyday routine.  Up until now I would label myself a "lurker".  I mostly read but rarely comment.  I have thought about starting my own blog for a while now. Sharing my thoughts ideas and creations with others the way they have with me.  My desires always been met by my own insecurities and fears.  What if I am not as witty as everyone else, not as creative, committed, interesting?  Then it hit me.  What do I have to lose?  So here I go...I'm entering the world of blogging.  And while I know I have nothing to lose I am excited for the future and all the wonderful things I might have to gain.
Making beautiful things with my own two hands is my passion.  Interior design, crafting, thrifting, other than my family, these are the things that bring me the most joy. Within my family and circle of friends there are those who appreciate what I do, but don’t share in it.  I think that is what I look forward to most about joining the blogging community, “meeting” a collection of creative individuals who share my passions.  I can’t wait to have people to talk to who get as excited about fabrics and old junky furniture as I do.  To befriend people who understand that when I talk about wanting a ghost chair I am not referencing something from a science fiction movie.   So to anyone stopping by thank you and welcome!  Leave a comment, follow me, I’ll follow you.  I feel a bit like I am posting a personal ad to make friends, but I guess in a way I am. So here goes… 29 year old married, stay at home mom looking to meet friends to share ideas and inspiration.  Must love design, crafting, thrifting and bargain hunting.  Everyone welcome.

Can’t wait to meet you!

1 comment:

  1. Nicole,

    I also have just began to blog, I have been a lurker for about 3 months and I was afraid to create a blog, but like you said we have nothing to lose and everything to gain. I look forward to your projects!!! Good luck and I have added you!!

    ReplyDelete